The mission of the Deaconess Ministry is to meet the needs of the Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, under the spiritual guidance of its pastor and the deacons by promoting the spiritual growth of the church.
The responsibilities of the Deaconess Ministry are:
- Provide support to the Pastor and the vision of the ministry.
- Give counsel and serve as a role models for the young ladies or the church and the community.
- Take care of the communion cloths, clean, prepare, and restore the utensils used after the Communion Service.
- Oversee the dressing of the Baptismal Candidates for baptism.
- Keep an account of the use and return of laundry of the baptism attire.
- Prepare and serve the Repast Dinner for our bereaved families.
Meetings are held the Saturday before the Second Sunday of each month at 11:00 in the Deacon’s corner.
Members of the Deaconess Ministry visits the Sick & Shut-ins, members in Nursing homes, and hospitals.
Bereaved members are assigned a person to be in contact with them for three months. Phone calls are made, cards are distributed and visitations are done to encourage, support, and give assistance where needed.
A special service is held twice a year for members who have experienced bereavement.