Dr. Claudette Harrell
Assistant Ministry Leader
Mrs. Dorothy Boyer Mashburn
- Seeks to enhance the praise and worship experience by extending the fruit of the Word to the body of Christ through the Church’s outreach and evangelism.
- Helps people “connect to God” through a coalescing of technologies with the use of digital services, video streaming, videography, photography, Internet, sound, graphics and projection.
- Provides technical support to other ministry events throughout the year.
Second Saturday of each month from 9:00 A.M. – 10:00 A.M
The Ministry’s theme scripture is taken from Matthew 28:19-20 which says,
“Go therefore into all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Creator, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you.”
Role in the Church
The Media Ministry serves as an evangelistic extension of the Church that focuses on spreading the word of God through media. God commissioned Bethel Missionary Baptist Church over 145 years through Matthew 28:19-20, known as the “Great Commission.” Today, the Media Ministry illuminates that commission with technological means to transport that core mission. Members are committed, dedicated, serve faithfully and reliable to support the Pastor and other ministries of the Church to ensure quality sound, delivery of worship experiences via video steaming, duplication of CDs and DVDs and maintain a listing of sermons. Importantly, members are expected to pray consistently, demonstrate patience, remain teachable, keep abreast of technological advances, think creatively, and push through technical difficulties as they occur.
Outreach and Evangelism Initiatives
- The Media Ministry works closely with the Deacons Ministry and Church staff to make available CDs of the worship services to members sick-and-shut-in, and individuals expressing a desire to hear the word of God.
- The Media Ministry also engages in initiatives throughout the year, Back to School event, and “Spreading the Christmas Cheer” to assist children in the Big Bend area in foster care waiting for adoption. Both events afford Bethel Missionary Baptist Church to collaborate with local churches, non-profit organizations, state agencies and businesses to donate or purchase school supplies and clothing items for over 300 children.